Table of Contents:
What is Asics?
Asics is one of the world’s leading sportswear brands. The Japanese company was founded in 1949 as Onitsuka Co., Ltd by Kihachiro Onitsuka in Kobe. Merging with two other companies in 1977, the Asics Corporation was born, named after the Latin proverb “Anima Sana In Corpore Sano” (“(You should pray for) a sound mind in a sound body”). Today, its products are worn by athletes and Olympians around the world, making them one of the most recognizable and well-known brands globally. Especially runners
trust Asics to provide them with excellent product choices for peak performance.
What products is Asics known for?
• Mexico-66 model introduced the distinctive stripes on the side of their footwear
• Asics innovated not only design, but performance technology as well
• The Gel cushioning system might be its most famous technology today
• Famous Gel shoes include the Gel-Lyte III with the split-tongue and the lightweight Gel Kayano
• Wide range of innovations from suction cup outsoles, to nylon uppers and interchangeable spikes
• Mission is to constantly improve its products
• Asics is not afraid to break technological and design barriers
Asics dedication to research
Staying true to their brand name, Asics philosophy that sports are the key to a healthy lifestyle led to the founding of the Asics Research Institute of Sports Science in 1990. The institute conducts wide-ranging research into sports from a scientific perspective, allowing for more innovation and product optimization.
What is Asics cultural impact?
Popularized by many Hollywood stars such as Bruce Lee or Uma Thurman in Kill Bill, Asics have been ubiquitous in modern pop culture for a long time. Not only movie fans, but also sneaker enthusiasts have been collecting the Japanese brand’s footwear. The cultural authenticity coupled with the technological advancement of the products attracted some of the biggest names in fashion and street culture to work
with the brand, ushering in a new era for Asics, defined by high end collaborations and limited editions. From cult favorites like the Ronnie Fieg models to avant-garde renditions by Kiko Kostadinov or Comme des Garçons, Asics continues to find new ways to stay on its toes and blaze the trail into sportswear’s future.
Where to buy Asics in Hamburg?
If you're searching for a place to buy the newest collections of the brand Asics in Hamburg, then we've got some great news for you: come and visit us at our local store at the Virchowstraße 2 (Hamburg - Germany). Pick, try & buy your favourite Asics pieces directly in store!